Purpose of the job:
Do you have downhole drilling tool experience? Do you want to be part of the Geothermal energy revolution and develop innovative new technologies to drill deeper, hotter, and more cost-effectively than ever before? If the answer is yes to both, come join the team at GA Drilling, a global leader in hard, hot rock drilling, and help make Geothermal Anywhere a reality.
We seek a seasoned Mechanical Technician with 3+ years experience with electro-mechanical tools and subsystems. The ideal candidate will be well versed in the assembly, testing, and servicing cutting edge electro-mechanical tools and sub-systems and able to excel in a fast paced, start-up type environment
What we offer:
- Opportunity to develop unique and innovative technological solutions which have the potential to change the world.
- The satisfaction of solving challenges associated with making ultra-deep geothermal energy a commercial reality.
- Be part of an experienced and highly motivated team.
- Collaborate with the world’s top industry players.
- Competitive industry benefits – 401k, Medical and Paid Time Off
Your job will be:
- Personal responsibility for ensuring engineering tools and tests adheres to GA Drilling’s standards and supports the development of GA Drilling’s technology and business
- Use mechanical aptitude and skills, experience and judgment to assemble, test and service electro-mechanical tools and sub-systems that meet the requirements of the technology program
- Participating and contributing to developing drilling tools from concept brainstorming through delivery
- Organize, manage and maintain engineering service and test facilities
- Collaborate with other business functions, including QHSE, procurement, manufacturing, and quality
- Collaborate with external suppliers and project partners
- Contribute to technical risk management
- Support a positive and pro-active HSE culture and ensure that all activities adhere to HSE Policy
- To be Innovative, Conceptual & Creative within a New Product Introduction environment.
We will be glad to meet you, if you have:
- 3+ years of Electro-mechanical and hydraulics experience with advancing electro-mechanical and hydraulics designs of cutting edge technology
- Experienced in development of complex electro-mechanical tools and systems advantageous
- Ability to operate in a data centric development process utilizing both PLM and business processes
- Ability to manage leading edge test and service facilities and equipment
- Ability to drive integration of engineering process within business systems
- Communication, delegation and teamwork
- Ability to work independently to execute a project plan based on general direction
- Ability to offer and receive constructive feedback towards the goal of a better, more reliable product and processes
- Analytical thinking, Team Leadership, Pragmatic and able to make decisions based on business priorities
- Experience with servicing and developing MWD and rotary steerable technology advantageous