Purpose of the job:
Do you have downhole drilling tool experience? Do you want to be part of the Geothermal energy revolution and develop innovative new technologies to drill deeper, hotter, and more cost-effectively than ever before? If the answer is yes to both, come join the team at GA Drilling, a global leader in hard, hot rock drilling, and help make Geothermal Anywhere a reality.
We seek a seasoned Hydraulics Engineer with 10+ years of experience in industrial hydraulic system design and use of hydraulics in downhole drilling tools, sub-sea equipment, or drilling rigs/ships. The ideal candidate will be equally well versed in design, analysis and test of hydraulic/ hydro-mechanical systems and able to excel in a fast paced, start-up type environment.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to develop unique and innovative technological solutions which have the potential to change the world.
- The satisfaction of solving challenges associated with making ultra-deep geothermal energy a commercial reality.
- Be part of an experienced and highly motivated team.
- Collaborate with the world’s top industry players.
- Standard industry benefits – 401k, Medical and Paid Time Off
Your job will be:
- Design and develop drilling tool hydraulic and actuation systems from initial requirements definition, concept schematic, analysis, and simulation to sourcing, building, test validation, optimization, deployment, servicing, and troubleshooting.
- Design, build and operate equipment in accordance with GA Drilling processes to ensure that it is safe, reliable, and efficient.
- Use engineering skills and best practice to create designs that meet requirements.
- Generate quality engineering documentation, including drawings, calculations, procedures, and reports.
- Collaborating with other development teams to integrate hydraulic systems with mechanical and electrical systems of downhole tools and test equipment.
- Use analytical skills to derive potential solutions to engineering problems and engineering judgment to recommend the most suitable option.
- Collaborate with other business functions, including QHSE, procurement, manufacturing, and quality.
- Collaborate with external suppliers and project partners.
- Contribute to technical risk management.
- Support a positive and pro-active HSE culture and ensure that all activities adhere to HSE Policy
- To be Innovative, Conceptual & Creative within a New Product Introduction environment.
We will be glad to meet you, if you have:
- 10+ years of relevant hydraulics and actuation experience
- Experienced in design of complex drilling tools, drilling rigs or sub-sea systems.
- Full cycle experience – design, build, test, and delivery of complex hydro-mechanical systems
- Extensive simulation and modelling experience, preferably in Matlab/Simulink
- Communication, delegation, and teamwork
- Ability to work independently to execute a project plan based on general direction
- Ability to offer and receive constructive feedback towards the goal of a better, more reliable product.
- Analytical thinking, Team Leadership, Pragmatic and able to make decisions based on business priorities.
- Education – BS / MS Engineering